Make an NEI plugin for recipes for custom "furnaces"

Alix_The_Alicorn

I've recently done it. Where you can find the most information about how to do it is in the NEI code itself, and especially codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.java. You probably want to extend this class to fill it in your way. If you want an example, take a look at LP's NEI plugin: https://github.com/RS485/LogisticsPipes/tree/MC-1.5/common/logisticspipes/nei

What you can see there is for your plugin to be activated by NEI, you need a class that has the name NEIxxxxConfig.java and implements IConfigureNEI. When you do, this will be picked up by NEI (when it's installed), and it will invoke loadConfig().

Author of PneumaticCraft, MineChess, Minesweeper Mod and Sokoban Mod. Visit www.minemaarten.com to take a look at them.

As NEI changes a baseclass (GuiContainer), and relies on CodeChickenCore to work, I don't think there is an other way to make NEI work in your workspace than putting them both in your Minecraft project from Eclipse (I'm also using 'the Pahimar setup'). But I would very much like to be corrected on that, as I also would like to have separate projects in Eclipse for CCC and NEI.

Author of PneumaticCraft, MineChess, Minesweeper Mod and Sokoban Mod. Visit www.minemaarten.com to take a look at them.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I have NEI and CCC installed and made a plugin, and have two classes, The Config Handler and the Recipe handler, i go to compile it i get 61 errors about referencing the mods, how to I get this to compile

Use @Optional, and make sure the jars for NEI and CCC are in the forgeroot/libs folder. Example of @Optional:

package the_fireplace.unlogicii.compat.nei;

import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Optional;
import net.minecraftforge.oredict.OreDictionary;
import the_fireplace.unlogicii.UnLogicII;
import codechicken.nei.api.API;
import codechicken.nei.api.IConfigureNEI;

@Optional.Interface(iface = "codechicken.nei.api.API", modid = "NotEnoughItems")
public class NEIUnLogicIIConfig implements IConfigureNEI {

@Optional.Method(modid = "NotEnoughItems")
@Override
public void loadConfig() {
	API.hideItem(new ItemStack(UnLogicII.obsidian_farmland));
	API.hideItem(new ItemStack(UnLogicII.quartz_crop, 1, OreDictionary.WILDCARD_VALUE));
	API.hideItem(new ItemStack(UnLogicII.shell));
}

@Override
public String getName() {
	return UnLogicII.MODNAME;
}

@Override
public String getVersion() {
	return UnLogicII.VERSION;
}

}

EDIT: Sorry for bumping a thread that is over a year old

If I helped please press the Thank You button.

Check out my mods at http://www.curse.com/users/The_Fireplace/projects