ItemFood Picture override help

Dajel_Deker

Hi

Im Trying to make a food mod thats gonna add "you guessed it" food. Im using the Implements itextureprovider thing

but i can't put it in the ItemFood. So how do i do? Do i need a new file thats extends ItemFood? In that case how? Im a new modder

with almost non experience so i have no idea what to do. If anyone could help me it would mean SO MUCH.

If you know how to fix my problem so please tell me. Even if my mod is little i would leave much credit for you in my mod post.

Thanks for reading.

Have a nice day Dajel_Deker  :)

(Sorry if i spelled anything wrong i am Swedish  :))

EDIT: I mean i cant put it in there because that would make my mod incompatible with any mod adding food (and using forge). So i need a way to add my itextureprovider but at    the same time not edit the ItemFood.

I'm not sure why you said you can't implement that interface into the ItemFood class (since the ItemFood class extends the Item class). Tell me in more detail how it doesn't allow you to implement this interface.

I mean i cant put it in there because that would make my mod incompatible with any mod adding food (and using forge). So i need a way to add my itextureprovider but at the same time not edit the ItemFood.

I just have my own ItemFoodITexture class that just subclasses ItemFood but implements the ITextureProvider interface.

i am sorry if i am i irritates you but.. how do i do a subbclass that work. I have tried manny times but i always get errors.

I just have my own ItemFoodITexture class that just subclasses ItemFood but implements the ITextureProvider interface.

i am sorry if i am i irritates you but.. how do i do a subbclass that work. I have tried manny times but i always get errors.

Oh not irritating at all, I just described what you need to do is all.  :)

If you do not know how to subclass though then might I recommend you learning Java first?  Google knows of *quite* a few tutorials.