Request to be unbanned from #minecraftforge IRC

aidancbrady

Hello.  I'm fairly new to the Forge community, so I was fairly disappointed when I was banned from the #minecraftforge IRC channel.  I've been making Minecraft mods for quite some time now and just recently converted all my mods to Forge, so I've wanted to get to know some other fellow modders, preferably on your IRC channel. 

One day, I saw a linux user talking about how the MCP pre-release should have had a different format for it's non-windows users.  At this point, I didn't know that SeargeDP had included a '.zip' format in his release, so I commented that I agreed with the linux user.  As a mac user, I didn't think it was possible to extract '.7z' files on my OS.  A few seconds after commenting about this, LexManos himself called me a 'mac fag' and that we, as in all mac owners, are always wanting everyone else to cater to us.  I quickly responded that this was not the case, and that I didn't (think) I had a way to use the MCP pre-release. 

LexManos then kicked me with the message 'To Google!".  I searched, and realized that there was a way to extract '.7z' files on OS X.  Therefore, I logged back in to the #minecraftforge IRC and said that Lex was right, and that there was a way to use MCP on my computer.  I also posted that I was sad I wasn't able to start off on good terms with LexManos, and that I was sorry about my question.  LexManos then banned me with the message "Does this?", and I have not been able to log into the channel since.  It's been about 5 days now.

If LexManos happens to read this, please realize I'm sorry if I did anything wrong, and if there's anything I can do to fix the problem, please tell me.  I appreciate your work so much, and I hate to be looked upon as a disappointment to to the community.

Thanks for your time.

-aidancbrady

You probably didn't do anything. Everybody is banned until they get approval to keep out noobs spamming about updates and why forge for 1.2.5 doesn't work for minecraft 1.3.1.

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

Correct.  The forge channel tends toward modders for forge rather than modders using forge, so when he sees things like that he tends to ban, it is expected, happens to many, do not take it bad.  :)

More modders that 'use' forge rather than working on forge tend to hang out in #Direwolf20 or here on these forums.  The forums are good, since records are good.  :)

Thank you very much for your kind response and clarification.  I've been so used to chatting on #risucraft, where actual code talk is extremely rare.  I will definitely partake in conversation here on the forums, but do you know how long the ban is in place for?  I'd much prefer to chat on #minecraftforge than the other modding channels.

Thanks.

-aidancbrady

Thanks so much.  As I said before, I appreciate what you guys do so much.

-aidancbrady

We appreciate somebody who isn't a complete and total idiot asking for stuff like:

"When is the 1.3.1 update?"

"How do I install forge?"

"HOW DO I MAKE A MOD?!?!"

but they do ask questions nicely.

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

#minecraforge is for both forge modders and forge devs

I just don't pander to mac fags as they are indeed retarded.

Anyone who doesn't take 10 seconds to do a small bit of research, but instead takes time out of my day by bitching about it should not be in there.

Hence the ban.

And the ban if for however long I feel like it. I clear the banlist ever now and again.

Requests to be unbanned typically just end up with me marking you down for longer time.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon