Remove java version nag (forge1.9-12.16.1.1887)

trefmanic

I've searched this forum and the only mention about it is in the release changelog, quoting

LexManos:

Add a java version detection and nag system for users on Java 7 or below.

Added detection of mods that rely on Java 8 and a graceful error screen.

The nag screen will be shown once a day. It can be disabled by editing the forge.cfg.

However it is HIGHLY recomended that user update to Java 8.

The problem is, I do not use Oracle Java at all and using openjdk 7 currently and newer versions are not available yet for my Linux distributions. So, my question is: how to disable nag screen and splashes?

I've checked forge.cfg and found this:

client {
    D:java8Reminder=1465767439359

It looks like it's a date in a Unix epoch format, so I've tried to change it to a date in the future (1490767439359), but it did not get rid of the splash text.

Well, I'm using openjdk literally only for running Minecraft/Forge, so it's unlikely that I'm going to upgrade my entire OS just to get rid of this splash, nor I'm going to compile openjdk 8 from sources. Looks like it'll be my default splash message for some time now :) Thanks for replying anyway.

Settings the number to something really high as described in the config will not show the nag.

As for the other stuff associated with it, there is no way to turn it off.

Update your java.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon