Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [1.0.0] Green Technology (v1.7)  (Read 92973 times)

Offline atrain99

• Forge Modder
  • World Shaper
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 48
  • -Receive: 51
  • Gypsy Magic!
    • View Profile
[1.0.0] Green Technology (v1.7)
« on: May 22, 2012, 01:43:42 AM »
Green Technology V1.7
Ever been disgusted with some tech and power generation mods that don't mesh with the environment? Ones that force you to make giant steel structures in the middle of a beautiful forest?
Well, for now, Green Technology 1.3 hopes to fill that gap with technology that meshes with your environment, but Green Technology 2.0 will feature a whole range of devices that can use the environment in any way possible to suit your needs. (Yes, you will be able to suck the energy out of a forest and power a nuke.)

Recipes and Information
Hidden
Solar Panels
Solar cells collect energy from the sun. Simple as that. These solar cells are very inefficient, getting only 1 watt.
Recipe:

Solar Array

Just craft 'em up and plonk them down! :)
Recipe:

Wind Turbine
Not Released.

Hydroelectric Generator
Development Version
This uses moving water on the sides with the blades.
Soon, the mechanics will get WAY better.
Recipe:

Biomass Power
Biomass Pulverizer
Recipe:

First, put biomass into the left slot of the GUI, and it will pulverize it into biomass clumps. Biomass clumps can be put into furnaces a fuel to smelt 10 items.
The GUI:

I put all of my mad-scientist-y texture making into the front of these machines.
Hook it up with a few solar panels, and a Redpower wheat farm, and you have infinite IC EU!  8)
Digestive Generator
By collecting bits of the undead, you can build this highly advanced power generation device. Food in, raw ENERGY out.
Lava Generator
This generator uses the awesome heat contained within lava to generate electricity. Be careful, though, you need water to keep the block from melting.
This power source will function with or without the basic pipes mod.
If you have it, lava pipes connect to the red side, and water to the blue side.
Right clicking with lava and water buckets on the generator also fills its internal reservoirs for the appropriate liquid. This source takes time to warm up, but once it does, electricity flows like... like... Hmm, no similes... 

Achievements:
  • Blue is the new green! -- Craft a solar panel
  • Bluer is better! -- Craft a solar array
  • HOT HOT HOT! -- Craft a geothermal generator
  • STOP! Crunchtime! -- Craft a biomass pulverizer

Download
First, the license:
Hidden
Detailed license: http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/MMPL-1.0.txt
This mod is the property of atrain99. I make it because I like doing this, and I release it because I like you. Please don't make me not like you.
1.You MAY distribute the mod and all related content, provided you credit me.
Dependencies:
2. You MAY distribute modified source code and textures, provided some credit is given to me.
3. You MAY NOT take credit for the original mod in any way shape or form.
4. I take no responsibility for damage done to your game, your worlds, or your computer after installing this mod!

Dependencies:
Minecraft Forge v6+
Recommended to have Basic components installed, otherwise it won't work too well.

If anybody would like to provide screenshots, I'd be happy. I NEED THEM.
Changelog:
Randomness: I've sunk to a new low, I've got a twitter now. Just wanted to try it, I'll probably inactivate it if it proves useless. (It's @atrain99_, btw)
1.7: New machine, numerous fixes, some bugs introduced, etc...

1.6.105: Stuffage, fixes, update to UE 0.9.3

1.5.2.94: Added a couple of machines that could be working at the moment. And maybe pulverizer custom processing is good too...

Hidden
1.5: Non-jenkins.  :( Update to UE 0.9, satisfies some stuff...
1.3.2.63: UE 0.8.4 involved changing pretty much every single file, but it's done now! Enjoy.
1.3.2.62: Huge build # jump, UE 0.8.2, RENDER FIXES!
1.3.1.46: UE 0.8.1! :D :D :D
1.3.37: UE 0.8.0! :D
1.2.5.31: I fixed:
-In-world rendering (mostly, funny glitch with it :P)
-Added ore. Secret ore.
1.2.5.26: Server side! (Yes, I know there are texture bugs, fixed next "release")
1.2.4 (build 21): Added fuelHandler stuff.
1.2.4 (build 20): Bugs have been fixed!
-Properties load.
-UE Version 0.7
1.2.3 (build 19): I now have fixed various rendering glitches (I think) and a new achievement!
1.2.3 (build 16): I think I added some achievements... Sorry, no block render fix. :(
1.2 build 10: Compatible with UE 7.
1.2: Really fixed it.
I did.
I swear.
Turns out my build script kept using old files. Derpy derpy.
1.1.1: Calclavia fixed the absence of blocks. :D I derped and forgot an argument to a function...  [UE 0.6]
1.1.0: Updated to most recent UE version. Please say this actually fixed stuff. [UE 0.6]
1.0.2: Please say this fixed stuff.
1.0: Initial Delta release. Update to 1.3.2. Removed Hydropower and wind power temporarily. [UE 0.5.2] [Aug 22, 2012]
0.4: Fixed Missing Textures. That was so annoying. [UE 0.4.6] [Aug. 09, 2012]
0.3.1.5: Just an update. Perfected pulverizer GUI! 8) [UE 0.4.6]
0.3.1: Bugfixes! :D [UE 0.4.X]
0.3.0: Solar Arrays! WOOT! Custom render classes! WOOT! Geothermal Generators! WOOT! (No more happy for you.) [UE 0.4.X]
0.2.9: Fixed lots of things. That's all you need to know. [UE 0.4.X]
0.2.6: Added Geothermal, it doesn't work(yet). Added hydro model. Not used (yet), Rebalanced solar slightly. [UE 0.4.4/5]
0.2.5b: Pulverizer is done! It also works kind of like a furnace when you place it.[UE 0.4.2]
0.2.5: Pulverizer is done except for the green bar in the GUI. The next update will also fix some minor bugs. [UE 0.4.2]
0.2.4: Made numerous minor texture fixes, as well as starting to fully add the "more than one sapling for a biomass clump" mechanic. [UE 0.4.2]
0.2.3: Minor updates to the pulverizer! Need to use GIMP on the textures to fix graphical issues. [UEV0.4.2]
0.2.2: The calclavia update: Calclavia was kind enough to update to UE 0.4.2 for me( :) ) and fix a few bugs. *applause* [UEV0.4.2]
0.2.0: Test the biomass pulverizer! Known bugs: Gui slot is off. The slots also use the items is slots 2-3 of your hotbar instead of the items in the machine. Textures less broken now. [UEV0.3.1]
0.1.9b: Config ID's changed: Solar = 225, Hydro = 226, Pulverizer = 227, new UE Update [UEV0.3.1]
0.1.9: General Streamlining, Biomass Pulverizer Block [UEV0.3.0]
0.1.8d: Fixed Textures, rebalanced again [UEV0.3]
0.1.8c: Rebalanced Solar Panel Recipe. [UE V0.3]
0.1.8b - Calclavia fixed things. Added config file! Say goodbye to slot conflicts![UE V0.3]
0.1.8: Hydropower Dev Version. Need to fix item texture glitch with solar panels and hydro generators, won't generate electricity yet. Don't know why. [UE V0.3]
0.1.2: API Updates: New forge, new UE, test version of Biomass Pulverizer[UE V0.3]
V0.1.1 - Streamlined the look of the code [UE 0.2.3]
V0.1.0 - Initial release [UE 0.2.2]

Universal Download:

Green Tech 1.7
2500+downloads!
Old Versions (Direct Links, as always):

The GreenEnergy Rug
This is the place for ideas that random people have related to this mod.
Hidden
1. Solar arrays that have an entity for the solar panels.
2. Compact Solars style solar arrays-Voted Down\
3. SolarBot - A robot that tries to find sunlight to charge batteries
Credits:
Primary developer
atrain99
Support and Ideas
Calclavia - Thanks for your commitment to the success of universal electricity.
DarkGuardsman - Thanks for working examples.
crazyputje: Thanks for helping out with the GUI's and stuff.
TheCowGod: Cool signature:

Copy this into your signature to spread the word! :D
Hidden
Code: [Select]
[url=http://bit.ly/Op25SQ][img width=700 height=117]http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p563/afleming99/OCW.png[/img][/url]
Azkhare: AWESOME BIOMASS PULVERIZER MODEL! (Even Chuck Norris is blinded by the awesomeness)

Note: Please post anything and everything related to this mod here, but keep criticisms constructive.
Note: Post error logs if bad things happen. "Minecraft crashed when I added this mod is NOT okay to post. 
More Notes:
Hidden
Note: Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to discuss anything about this mod.
Note: Release come slowly, and I take eloraam's approach to ETA questions if they are asked excessively.
Note: The source code changes faster than the releases.
Note to the mod developers: The green energy pulverizer recipes can now be accessed through the UE recipe manager. Input list contains two things: The item, and the bioValue of said item in positions 0 and 1 respectively.

Thanks for supporting Green Tech!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 02:23:18 AM by atrain99 »
So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

Offline DarkGuardsman

• Forge Modder
  • Dragon Slayer
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 32
  • Too Many Mods
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [Add-On] Green Energy
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 03:10:52 AM »
Are we just going to do one Green energy mod. Because i think there should be a few options between look and function. Like one mod that uses block to do all the stuff and the other Entities. This way if the player just want to get energy he can go for the blocks. If he wants the look without make it look like something than he can pick the entity version.

The entity version will spawn a different none moving entity that will take the shape of the object. For wind it will be a 8 meter tall wind turbine that you normal see in fields. The turbine will change directions with the wind and blades will spin. Solor would be a 3x2 meter sized panel attached to a 3 meter tall pole. It Will face the sun at all times. For hydro it will spawn an actual moving water wheel of different sizes. Each entity will have spawn conditions to be prevented from spawning just anywhere. Also each will have a base block that actual does the work where the entity is there for looks.

Offline calclavia

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 35
  • ICBM Mod: http://calclavia.com/icbm/
    • View Profile
    • Calclavia
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »
Hmm. Good point. But I'm not going to work on this add-on. I will leave it to you two. I have modding priorities (ICBM first, then Universal Electricity API, then everything else).

Offline DarkGuardsman

• Forge Modder
  • Dragon Slayer
  • Thank You
  • Too Many Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 11:41:48 AM »
Hmm. Good point. But I'm not going to work on this add-on. I will leave it to you two. I have modding priorities (ICBM first, then Universal Electricity API, then everything else).
:) Didn't say you were going to just asking if there could be two options. This way if no one picks up the second option before i'm done with the steam mod then i can take it when done.

Offline calclavia

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Calclavia
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 12:45:46 PM »
Alright

Offline calclavia

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Calclavia
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 09:59:16 AM »
Atrain99, so far how much have you done in terms of the UE add-on?

Offline atrain99

• Forge Modder
  • World Shaper
  • Thank You
  • Gypsy Magic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 01:32:02 PM »
I had basic stuff written, but then eclipse crashed my computer, and I lost my source files. GRRRR!
I also have restricted acess to the computer at the moment... I'll update stuff regularly, please just bear with me.
So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

Offline calclavia

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Calclavia
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 03:58:03 PM »
Alright. Just remember to back up your files. Since you have to start over again, use the newest version of the API.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:50:19 AM by calclavia »

Offline calclavia

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Calclavia
Re: [Add-On] Green Energy
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 10:47:10 PM »
I posted on the Add-On main thread about using IDs. Take a look and tell me what machine IDs you will be using so it does not clash with other add-ons.

Offline DarkGuardsman

• Forge Modder
  • Dragon Slayer
  • Thank You
  • Too Many Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 06:27:40 PM »
Just for who ever makes solor panels. They should output 100W per hour of sun.

http://www.solar-estimate.org/index.php?verifycookie=1&page=solar-calculations&subpage=&external_estimator=

Offline DarkGuardsman

• Forge Modder
  • Dragon Slayer
  • Thank You
  • Too Many Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 03:39:38 AM »
I decided to take a break from trying to figure out steam engines and made solor panels for who ever want to use them. They are done and work 100%. More coding is need to make them function better when used in massive groups but let this be the first green addon for UE. Later i'll work on improving them,working on my Entity version, and such.

Download link
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/70622753/UESolarPanels.zip
Source code is include with the compiled addon and is free to use for what ever. enjoy :)
Info
Each panel outputs 4W a second for a total of 100W in 25sec(a minecraft hour) Being solor panels they need a clear view of the sky and day light. Wires will only be connected to the underside of the panels due to its side size. Textures are  pulled from the minecraft sprite index.

Edit: forgot to make a config file so the block id is stuck at 230 will get to in next update.

Crafting

Look
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 03:59:34 AM by DarkGuardsman »

Offline calclavia

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Calclavia
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 03:48:07 AM »
Wow that's really cool. I'm trying to get more people to write add-ons so someone will take over this Green Energy add-on. Atrain99 seems to be fairly inactive so I don't think he will be making this add-on.

Offline DarkGuardsman

• Forge Modder
  • Dragon Slayer
  • Thank You
  • Too Many Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 03:55:08 AM »
Wow that's really cool. I'm trying to get more people to write add-ons so someone will take over this Green Energy add-on. Atrain99 seems to be fairly inactive so I don't think he will be making this add-on.
thank you, more people will come when we have stuff done on the same level as the big mods. Also I though atrain was working on a part addon that did custom circuit boards?

Offline calclavia

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Calclavia
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 05:43:45 AM »
He hasn't went on the forum since May 27. Either he is unavailable or decided not to create the add-on. And yes, more people will come when the API is error-less and published on Minecraft Forum. Also ICBM will be depended on it so a lot of people will download it. I have been getting so many requests from different people asking for the release date of ICBM 0.3.

Offline DarkGuardsman

• Forge Modder
  • Dragon Slayer
  • Thank You
  • Too Many Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 06:52:12 AM »
He hasn't went on the forum since May 27. Either he is unavailable or decided not to create the add-on. And yes, more people will come when the API is error-less and published on Minecraft Forum. Also ICBM will be depended on it so a lot of people will download it. I have been getting so many requests from different people asking for the release date of ICBM 0.3.
hmm pitty though he was going to make some ok mods/addons. Also how is your update for ICBM coming

Offline calclavia

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Calclavia
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 02:05:56 PM »
Right. Because ICBM is going to implement UE in the next release, I have to first fix the copper wire connection problem.

But the reason why I can't release it is because I really have no idea how to do this:

getTextureFile with metadata: http://minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,252.msg1807.html

and being able to make the missile launcher 3 blocks tall.

The texture files just goes crazy when I try to render the missile launcher models as an item because the texture file depends on the metadata...

Basically everything is completed except those annoying problems that I couldn't solve for the past week.

Offline atrain99

• Forge Modder
  • World Shaper
  • Thank You
  • Gypsy Magic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 04:59:58 PM »
Sorry! School *just* finished, and I'm just about ready to really start work. Again. Please feel free to work on this, I need to do 4H.

Offline calclavia

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Calclavia
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 10:36:59 PM »
Right next time just leave a comment saying you are going to be busy so I won't be expecting something that will not happen.

Offline DarkGuardsman

• Forge Modder
  • Dragon Slayer
  • Thank You
  • Too Many Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 02:19:06 AM »
Sorry! School *just* finished, and I'm just about ready to really start work. Again. Please feel free to work on this, I need to do 4H.
haha 4H loved the ideal of it til i went to a meeting and they acted like an official group. No one like to spend 30mins listening to reading the mins of last meeting, talking about what to do next meeting, do paper work, though it could have just been my local 4H. Anyways i got into boyscouts instead very fun, easy, and an eagle scout looks very good on my job app. :)

Offline atrain99

• Forge Modder
  • World Shaper
  • Thank You
  • Gypsy Magic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 04:37:52 PM »
haha 4H loved the ideal of it til i went to a meeting and they acted like an official group. No one like to spend 30mins listening to reading the mins of last meeting, talking about what to do next meeting, do paper work, though it could have just been my local 4H. Anyways i got into boyscouts instead very fun, easy, and an eagle scout looks very good on my job app. :)
I guess the fun-ness of 4H depends on the club.  On other notes, due to recent developments, my time balance has changed. Cleaning > mods.

Offline atrain99

• Forge Modder
  • World Shaper
  • Thank You
  • Gypsy Magic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 04:44:42 PM »
~snip about solar panels~
*clicks applaud*
Source code? If you don't want to distribute it, I'm fine with it.

Offline DarkGuardsman

• Forge Modder
  • Dragon Slayer
  • Thank You
  • Too Many Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 06:15:14 PM »
*clicks applaud*
src is included with the solor panel download.  Make sure if you use my source code that you use it like an example and don't copy paste.

Offline atrain99

• Forge Modder
  • World Shaper
  • Thank You
  • Gypsy Magic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 08:43:45 PM »
*clicks applaud*
src is included with the solor panel download.  Make sure if you use my source code that you use it like an example and don't copy paste.
I never do, my motto is "Learn by example, not by copying."

Offline calclavia

• World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
    • Calclavia
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 10:42:49 PM »
Right. So you are going to work on Green Energy afterall right? Just don't abandon the add-on this time without notifying people.

Also, I don't suggest you to add nuclear in simply because that isn't really part of green energy (maybe partially). It should be a seperate add-on and I think most likely I am going to make that add-on because it works with ICBM.

Also add bio fuels and stuff. Those should be included wth green energy.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:48:18 PM by calclavia »

Offline DarkGuardsman

• Forge Modder
  • Dragon Slayer
  • Thank You
  • Too Many Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 11:41:09 PM »
You know whats interesting nuclear reactors use steam in order to actual generate the power but use the heat from the material to make the steam. I'm wonder should i make the power plant side of nuclear stuff. i already have a steam power mod or do you want me to add a public api to steam power. I already have the api classes there to make my code easier :)

Close
Please register or Login to join in on the community!