Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ideas for Equivalent Exchange 3  (Read 47389 times)

Offline pahimar

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • I am new!
    • View Profile
Ideas for Equivalent Exchange 3
« on: May 22, 2012, 05:30:56 PM »
I have a lot of ideas nailed down already but I'm interested in what the community would like to see.

Let me hear what you guys think would be awesome/fun in EE3!

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline OvermindDL1

• Administrator
  • World Shaper
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 100
    • View Profile
    • OvermindDL1's Empty Main Server
Re: Ideas for Equivalent Exchange 3
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 02:45:26 AM »
MP love first of all, by that I mean that players should probably be encouraged to trade for various things, whether that is items, research, etc...  Trade in such a way that it removes it from one player and gives to another, one player 'researching' something (if such a thing is added) then just giving it to everyone else is not that balanced, people would tech up far too fast.

And MP configuration options for the server runner is needed for balance reasons, some servers want people to tech up quicker, or some want them to take months upon months to tech up.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:46:58 AM by OvermindDL1 »

Offline TheMaestro42

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • I am new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »
One thing that I would like to see, would be a 'time' component to transmute things.  I think it would help balance out mod interactions so that people aren't just dumping everything into their EMC network and then pulling out whatever they want.  And maybe this would only apply to the transmutation tablet, and then there would be ways to upgrade the tablet to reduce the time required to transmute.

Also somehow locking Energy Condensers to matter/energy would also be a great balancing act.  (i.e. like a transmutation tablet.)

Another neat idea would be requiring the talisman of repair in an alchemical chest to use EMC to do its repairs.  Like 1 or 2 EMC per point of durability.  I figure it would be much more difficult (or at least resource intensive) to try and use the covalence dusts to do repairs.  I love EE, but I never really liked getting anything for 'free.'  (Except the Ring of Arcana, if that's not a bug.  I can't stand not flying for free after that much red matter. :P)  One of the reasons I have collectors off on my server.

And as far as ideas that don't have anything to do with balance, a power item that can be used to transport animals and monsters around.  Maybe even convert them into eggs, or another inventory based medium.  It could use a large amount of EMC to do.  Or maybe even make it a new function of the Watch of flowing time, where you can shoot a monster or animal and convert them into the appropriate spawn egg. :)

Offline OvermindDL1

• Administrator
  • World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 11:57:23 PM »
Even the klein stars could be 'locked' to matter or energy/fuel as well, and one locked to energy/fuel would be used to power 'items', and the matter could not, and it could only make its own type of things, would help balance.

Offline NunoHentai

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • I am new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 03:29:37 PM »
i think you should make a dark matter and a red matter bow and the same with arrows
and maybe add mobs that drop red or dark matter

Offline awsomeguy77

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • I am new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 02:45:15 AM »
I know that the most important thing to me would be the revitalization of the philosophers stone, not it being a transmutation table, but having some more of the recipes from the original, especially cobble to diamond conversion, and the lapis- obsidian- ice conversions from the original

Offline hello2u08

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • Obnoxious Necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 11:22:50 PM »
hold on, I just got an idea with the suggestion of the dark and red matter bows:
DARK AND RED MATTER BOWS!
except more descriptive than what they said, here is what I think they should be:
Dark matter bow:
This is a higher tier alchemial item, that is a bow that is made from pure dark matter, enchanted to be able to flex like a normal bow.  It requires a rigid dark matter bow, and  High Covalence Dust.  It fires more accurately, and farther than a normal bow.
recipe would be like so(anyone know of a utility you can use to make custom recipes?), S = string, D = Dark Matter C + Covalence Dust, and R = Rigid DM bow:
Hidden
Rigid Dark Matter Bow:
[]DS
D[]S
[]DS
or
SD[]
S[]D
SD[]
Dark Matter Bow:
CCC
CRC
CCC
Once made, it can be upgraded to a Red Matter Bow by surrounding it with Red Matter.  When fired, it's arrows will lfy perfectly straight, without losing momentum, or falling victim to gravity.  It makes a formidable weapon at a distance.  There is also a slight chance that when hit by an arrow shot from the bow, the target will be killed instantly(not sure on that, does that seem OP?).
Recipe is as so, with D being a dark matter bow, and R being red matter:
RRR
RDR
RRR
If you get fired from a tuna company, did you just get canned by tuna?

Offline YX33A

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • I am a end user!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 08:50:34 PM »
I had a odd idea.  Maybe turning EMC into items would require a period of time that can not be avoided.  Same with turning items into EMC.
The catch is that if you have enough of the blocks needed to do so, you could take a item worth 1 EMC and eventually get more EMC then you put into the system, as a sort of extra.  And I kinda feel that there should be a way to store EMC to be used in Klein Stars without needing a actual Klein Star.  A sort of EMC bank, if you will.  This would be the center of all your EMC conversions.  So you don't need to have a Klein Star right away if you want to convert some small things, like 1 EMC items into different EMC items, even if they were different EMC locks.

So you could do away with portable transmutation tablets, but allow people to build up EMC by simply doing what they normally would do, at a slower rate.  Or allow both fast and slow EMC conversions, with the addition that slow EMC conversions result in extra EMC if done right.

Oh, and some particle effects.  People LOVE particle effects!
Bit of a miner, lot of a evil genius.
Evil Lair under construction, will show later

Offline DaveSW

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • I am new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 09:50:42 PM »
Random idea I had:
Why not make Equivalent Exchange not just the name, but also a goal?  Basically I was thinking that at the start, whenever the player would transmute something, they wouldn't be able to do it at a 1 for 1 ratio. 

At the start, an apprentice alchemist would be wasting most of their materials on excess light and heat, or any other explanation for where the extra matter would go.  Say at a 5/1 ratio.  Part of EE could involve becoming a master alchemist, and making the exchange truly equivalent.

Offline L.J.Duckfield

• Forge Modder
  • Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • View Profile
    • MinecraftForge
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 04:12:50 PM »
At the start, an apprentice alchemist would be wasting most of their materials on excess light and heat, or any other explanation for where the extra matter would go.  Say at a 5/1 ratio.  Part of EE could involve becoming a master alchemist, and making the exchange truly equivalent.

I second this.

Offline formula1

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • I am new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 03:13:06 AM »

I second this.

I third this

Also When Attempting to Reach a 1 to 1 ratio, there are a few ways to balance it
1) Cost: Obvious balance, causes higher cost for the same goods until the player upgrades to 1 to 1
2) Additional Costs: Making players Pay life or Food or something else
-Probably be situationally balanced: Sword that deals damage to the player, Alchemy item that gives you food at the additional cost of hunger.
-This is more for a player that wants the power now and is willing to deal with the consequences
3) Reliability: Giving either % chances of nothing happening or backfiring

End Game Content
-Easier Ways to Build-destruction catalyst/mecurial eye
-Easier Ways to Get Important Items-Transmutation Table. divining rod
-Easier Ways to Explore
-New Interesting Threats that keep the game exciting
--Maintaining your equipment
--Endermen wanting to Steal High EMC value items needing you to be able to Mask them
--large scale battles for EMC

Maybe a focus more on graphics rather than text

Offline gannnonluk

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • I am new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 01:43:28 AM »

I second this.

I third this

Also When Attempting to Reach a 1 to 1 ratio, there are a few ways to balance it
1) Cost: Obvious balance, causes higher cost for the same goods until the player upgrades to 1 to 1
2) Additional Costs: Making players Pay life or Food or something else
-Probably be situationally balanced: Sword that deals damage to the player, Alchemy item that gives you food at the additional cost of hunger.
-This is more for a player that wants the power now and is willing to deal with the consequences
3) Reliability: Giving either % chances of nothing happening or backfiring

End Game Content
-Easier Ways to Build-destruction catalyst/mecurial eye
-Easier Ways to Get Important Items-Transmutation Table. divining rod
-Easier Ways to Explore
-New Interesting Threats that keep the game exciting
--Maintaining your equipment
--Endermen wanting to Steal High EMC value items needing you to be able to Mask them
--large scale battles for EMC

Maybe a focus more on graphics rather than text

I fourth this. Also, I second the large scale battles. Maybe rather than classic boss fights, raids on your house? That would give you a good reason for fortify up. Also, obviously red matter blocks aren't really a viable building material, but what about red matter enriched bricks, with the same or slightly nerfed explosion resistance? It could be in a recipe such as one rm in the center surrounded with either stone or clay bricks (Makes 8 ofc). The raids could be skeletons armed with explosive arrows and creepers that will blow up on any human placed block, plus a swarm of enderman. Also, maybe a wire that transfers emc. The low levels could be made of diamond and glowstone and you lose ~20 emc per block. Then you can get dark matter wire that loses 5 and then red matter that loses only 1. Finally, maybe add a bit more from the anime (Fullmetal Alchemist)? Some automail, chimeras and maybe some of the aspects of the philosopher's stone from the show would all be really cool.
EDIT: I also second the idea of it taking time to transmute things. Also, maybe one way to implement the upgrade to 1:1 would be the Philosophers stone, which would of course have a new function (fixing equivalence) but would be much harder to forge, maybe replacing the original with something else that preforms the old function of transmutation.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:57:12 AM by gannnonluk »

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline CaptainOblivious31

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • I am new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 06:26:02 AM »
This is probably REALLY overpowered but I thought I'd throw it out there. I find it's really irritating that when I have more than 1 Red Matter flower, I have to go to them both to get Red matter, and  then I have to put that straight into my Klein star. It's a much slower process both with what I have to do, and with what the flower has to do. If you could get 2 flowers on 1 condenser, it would be a lot faster. So, I thought of EMC transportation tubes or Pipes.
To craft them I was thinking you put 8 red matter all around 1 piece of glass in a CT to get 1 Red matter glass
Then it's:
xxx
yoy
xxx
Where X = Red matter glass
Y = Red Matter
O = Dark Matter Block or another piece of Red Matter glass
The amount of pipes you get from it is up to you. I was thinking 4-6.

It's pretty much only for endgame stuff when you're working on GEM armor and all that. Also, I haven't read anything about EE3 so far so I don't know if something has been added to nullify this or anything like that. If there has, sorry :P
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 07:11:42 AM by CaptainOblivious31 »

Offline OvermindDL1

• Administrator
  • World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 11:40:04 PM »
Meh, redpower works fine.  I have a flower sandwich that generated almost 300 RM blocks every ~9 minutes, all pumped out with transposers and going to a central collection area (about 10 double chests, which quickly filled up).

Offline Pheenixm

• Forge Modder
  • Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • Maker of Explosives+
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 04:04:31 AM »
I WANT YOUR MAP!

Offline OvermindDL1

• Administrator
  • World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 03:59:03 AM »
It is the basic sandwich design, the most efficient for EE, *very* simple.  I just kept growing it to be about 11x28 in size.

Offline SoniEx2

• Stone Miner
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • I am new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 06:55:34 PM »
1. FIX FUCKING SMP! (multiworld/mystcraft support)
2. make it so the destruction catalyst will delete the blocks instead of mining them (unless using charge level = 0)
3. make the mercurial eye more expensive
4. undo function (mercurial eye)
5. White Matter? (upgraded version of red matter using 8 RM and 1 DM (or Aeternalis Fuel))
6. White Matter Furnace (has 100% chance of duping items and can triplicate items (25% chance))
7. White Matter Tools
8. NUKES, MEGA NUKES, NUCLEAR CREEPERS, NOVA BOMBS, STICKY TNT, oh... wait, thats Explosives+ not EE! (but that would be cool)
9. no redstone?
I made EnderMoney!

Offline OvermindDL1

• Administrator
  • World Shaper
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 11:37:54 PM »
1. FIX FUCKING SMP! (multiworld/mystcraft support)
2. make it so the destruction catalyst will delete the blocks instead of mining them (unless using charge level = 0)
3. make the mercurial eye more expensive
4. undo function (mercurial eye)
5. White Matter? (upgraded version of red matter using 8 RM and 1 DM (or Aeternalis Fuel))
6. White Matter Furnace (has 100% chance of duping items and can triplicate items (25% chance))
7. White Matter Tools
8. NUKES, MEGA NUKES, NUCLEAR CREEPERS, NOVA BOMBS, STICKY TNT, oh... wait, thats Explosives+ not EE! (but that would be cool)
9. no redstone?

1)  What?  Mystcraft and Multiworld are both not Forge, go complain to them.
2)  Defeats the purpose
3)  Why, it does nothing but builds.
4)  Would be nice, but this is not WorldEdit, go install it.
5)  .
6)  .
7)  .
8)  .
9)  Redstone?

Offline okok111

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • I am new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 08:26:23 AM »
A while ago my mates and I were playing EE2, mucking around with our Rings Of Arcana and RM Gem Armors. We all were having a blast (Literally :D), But there was one thing that was in my head and has been haunting me ever since. We can transmute mobs, animals, matter, fuel and act like gods, yet we do not have a thing that fights with us in SSP. We use SMP, but what about when no one is online? We all clearly need a better companion, but wolves and iron golems will never make the cut. We need either:
-A ring that makes mobs fight each other
OR
-A item that summons a mythical creature that fights at your side.

I understand either of these items would almost certainly be red matter tier and....
MADE MY ACCOUNT FOR THIS POST!

Offline Unbr34k4bl3

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • I am new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 12:52:33 PM »
A while ago my mates and I were playing EE2, mucking around with our Rings Of Arcana and RM Gem Armors. We all were having a blast (Literally :D), But there was one thing that was in my head and has been haunting me ever since. We can transmute mobs, animals, matter, fuel and act like gods, yet we do not have a thing that fights with us in SSP. We use SMP, but what about when no one is online? We all clearly need a better companion, but wolves and iron golems will never make the cut. We need either:
-A ring that makes mobs fight each other
OR
-A item that summons a mythical creature that fights at your side.

I understand either of these items would almost certainly be red matter tier and....
MADE MY ACCOUNT FOR THIS POST!

You sir, inspired me.

It would be cool to see summoning stuff. So u give EMC and some Matter, Fuel, items that would summon that creature(Like putting an Bag in would give u a creature that follows you, or RedMatter -> Who fights with you, RMPick -> Helps u mining etc.) and some EXP levels or something similar ^^.

It would be kinda cool, also doing stuff like Failure-% which can summon a bad creature that wants to kill you.

Just saying i also made my acc just for this post xD..

Hope this inspires you Pahimar :P. GL. (I'm sorry for my bad english.)

Offline nick248

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • I am new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 05:11:05 PM »
I had an idea on how to get the minum stone, which involves generated temples. So first you have to find 8 temples (4 in the overworld and 4 in the nether) and do some challenge to get the minum shard. Then after you have 8 shards you have to find an assembly temple where you can craft the Minum Stone.( the assembly temple would be in the overworld) Hope you like my idea.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:04:21 PM by nick248 »

Offline Viper283

• Forge Modder
  • Stone Miner
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
  • Modder And Proud!!
    • View Profile
    • My Mods
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »
I had an idea on how to get the minum stone, which involves generated temples. So first you have to find 8 temples (4 in the overworld and 4 in the nether) and do some challenge to get the minum shard. Then after you have 8 shards you have to find an assembly temple where you can craft the Minum Stone.( the assembly temple would be in the overworld) Hope you like my idea.
i was thinking the same sort of thing, to get the minium stone you should have to find an "Old Alchemist's Table" that randomly generates and you hvae to have some sort of a quest to get the items needed then you lure enough mobs into a block of water to create red water which you then have tto craft together with 8 minium shards to get a minium stone. but don't forget the minium stone is not the perfect philosophers stone so after a certain number of uses it will backfire

Offline 23bcx

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • I am new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 12:58:59 PM »
there could be a new ore called led, it would be slightly less rare than iron, and it would only have tow uses, one, it would be an ingredient in making a new crafting place that some of the items would need to be crafted, if you put led in it with the p stone it would turn into gold.
if you put the grater p stone in there with water it would destroy both and make an immortality potion that would last until the stage of the moons the same.

Offline R4tt3xx

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • I am new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 11:13:25 AM »
I have a few scattered thoughts and suggestions

Build the philosopher's /"red-stone" out of blood, either from the player's health or the hp of another.

Power basic transmutations ie sand to glass / cobblestone to stone from the player's stamina.

Advanced transmutations / condensations should use the energy of the land as a power source which would be an infinite resource but needs time to recharge. The range of this energy drain can be extended by means of transmutation circles

Craft-able transmutation circles.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:58:39 AM by R4tt3xx »

Offline EViLGUARD

• Tree Puncher
  • Thank You
  • I am new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 05:25:20 PM »
Hellouw there,

First thing first i want to say that i'm not a modder. I know nothing about mods except maybe how to play it. So yes my idea could be stupid since they can't be made but well... Plus if you can't understand i'm sorry i'm a french man and i do my best in English ;)

I have know Equivalent exchange from direwolf20 spotlight and when i have see him i was really enjoy of all the stuff. But my really concern was when he talk about the philosopher stone and that remind me so much thing about Alchemy. I was hopping to find something similar to Alchemy in minecraft. I was pretty sad when i saw that there is nothing really about alchemy in the mods.

I think you should start thinking about good old alchemy. Smelt ore into crucible, mixing it with some other stuff like rose essence, Coal Dust and hope to discover a way to create news matter or maybe just find good potion that give you buffer. Or maybe find poison that can kill your ennemy. The alchemy was all that in one thing. And it was the first "science" because you had to test stuff and try news combination.

So what my idea involve?

Making Crucible, furnace or something along those line. So we can smelt item into there primary form. Stone become lava, Dirt become ash, Metal become liquid.

Pipe to transport those liquid into some storage tank.

Storage tank of different kind to take care of all that. Keeping metal liquid and stone lava.

Some machine to extract some part of some ingredient. So you can put flower in it and get extract of that flower.

TIME :.. Okay that is the most important thing for me. I love the way how transmutation tablet can give you mostly everything in a  second. But its OP at the beginning where resource are supposed to be hard to find. So in think on the first tier everything should take more time to do. Making Iron from dirt and cobble should be possible with a large amount of those two and lot of time to infusing the ingredient.

That lead us to one thing. But the most important thing. When i build IC2 stuff i make some room for it. When i build BC stuff i make it a room. When i play... Idk... ThaumCraft... I make a room for it. Your mods is too easy to use. I can just put my transmutation tablet on the ground and use my kleinstar everywhere. if you make more stuff that take time and resource storing so i could make me an alchemy lab.

Inner Nature, Time, Space, Light : Okay. Back to basic. Alchemy was some kind of a science but it was based on many cultural and religious idea. So when its come to mixe some stuff you can't just do it anytime. Sometime you need to do in when the moon is full. That should be used on your mods. If you end with some stuff that can control weather and time then you should have to be control by those at the beginning. So when you start making alchemy at the very beginning you should have to make some element only when its mid=day, midnight, raining or sunny bright.

That could take us to really want that item that give us the possibility to change weather and control time. So at the beginning waiting for Full moon to create Iron will be pain ITA. But then when you are tier two and can control time so you can make more of those Iron. But have to work to make you tier 3 stuff. With some RedMatter.

Well i think the mods should be some kind of a laboratory at the beginning. Making error, mixing stuff. Hoping to find a way to create good or bad thing. Because that was the true alchemy. Making stuff without a clue how to make it. And sometime that was REALLY bad... And i think your mods should be like that. Hard and time consuming at the beginning. Then since we make our way into the higher tier... Thing get better and you because powerful.

And that could kill the Op from the mods. Since you have to Hardly work on stuff to make it happen. Not only just put 3 thing in a crafting table to have the Best weapon ever see :x

Close
Please register or Login to join in on the community!