Alright ladies and gents. time again for another Recomended build of Forge!
As I was kinda lazy in releasing these this one is kind of a duesy.
This is the last supported
build for 1.6.4 with ModLoader compatibility.
We are hard at work on the update for 1.7. And with the death of ModLoader some things have changed. And we are trying to prepare for that.
What does this mean for:The End User:
If you want compatibillity with ModLoader, stick to builds 953 and below. Simple as that. We archive all older builds for this purpose we do not wish to lock you into any one thing.
But please do not issue bug reports related to modloader of anything like that if you're using build 960+
This release is MAJOR changes under the hood in prep for the 1.7 update. There are some known issues with the new BlockBreak system and some older mods.
Please use the 944 build if you run into those compatibility issues.The Forge Modders:
If you are writing a Forge mod you should not be using ModLoader functionality for a long long time now. All Classes/methods have been marked Deprecated for a reason. This is your chance pre-1.7 major change to do a quick ModLoader purge. You can also look into the 960+ builds to see the new gradle build system. This is a major change to how things worked before, But I am confident with some time and community effort we can iron out all the kinks and get things working great for everyone.
At the time of this writing, there are still some features that we are wanting to roll out, namely setupDecompWorkspace which will give you a read-only version of the Minecraft code.
However, as ForgeGradle is seperate from Forge itself, we can retroactivly apply these new features to anyone who has migrated to the new build env.
The road will be a little bumpy as we work out the kinks, so please be respectful and file issues on the apropriate Github, and for all inquaries with the new build system please direct them twards AbrarSyed. Minecraft Forge 9.11 Changelog:
Updated to Minecraft 1.6.4.
- Intaller now uses xz compressed downloads and a mirrior list which should spead up downloads and prevent server overloading.
- Added detailed exception information for the 1.6.4 structure change
- Attempt at a shared modlist implementation - should allow visibility between liteloader and fml for "mod list display"
- Added ItemTooltipEvent to allow modders to add more detained information to tooltips.
- Added a client side only command system to allow modders to create commands that work on the client, such as /cls to clear the chat screen
- Added pre and post event to rendering Chat, allowing for placement of the chat box.
- Added pre and post event to rendering player list.
- Made villager trading GUI not open when sneaking, aligns it with other GUIs.
- Added EntityStruckByLightingEvent
- New hook to allow mods to determine how they react to 'weak' power
- New API to allow for mods to strip interfaces and methods that rely on other mods that are not installed.
- New PlayerOpenContainerevent that allows mods to control what the player can interact with.
- Added basic support for Tweaker sorting
- New configuration entries to allow more control over the zombie 'assistance' summoning mechanic, vanilla values can break in some cases.
- New Zombie assistance summoning event, to allow mods to control this behavior more.
- Added new recipe sorting mechanic, it is recomended that both the client and server enable this feature in order for it to work correctly.
- Added the ability to create Biomes without registering them, thus allowing extra flexibility in multi-world mods.
- New API marker system that Mods can depend against. See FML for more detials.
- Add warning to item registration to prompt modders to register them with names in an attempt to make 1.6 worlds 1.7 compatible.
- New BlockBreakEvent, thanks Onibair and Blood, this change causes some issues with mods that use our fakePlyer system for client side only things, revert to build 944 if you must use those mods. Or wait for the mods to update.
- Fixed NPE when loading single-player twice
- Fixed tweaker injection into classloader
- Fixed fluid rarity missing default
- Fixed typo in bounding box based ladder checks that caused potential infinite loops with entities in certian positions.
- Cross-modsystem compatibility fix with thanks to Mumfrey @ liteloader
- Made Vanilla hopper obey the IInventory contract, TileEntityHopper now takes into account IInventory.getInventoryStackLimit() when inserting items.
- Fixed placement of snow cover over metadata 6.
- Set densityDir in BlockFluidBase's constructor
- Fixed bug where some enchants could apply in invalid combinations at the enchanting table.
- Fixed install.sh not passing arguents to install.py
- Fixed issue that caused the per-world data storage to not be saved correctly.
- Delay sound system backend initalization to speed up startup and prevent race condition on some computers. Fixes no sounds issue on some machines.
- Fixed umpteen instances where 0 was referenced instead of air, should help mods that have plants/structure that grow.
- Fixed vanilla MC's decision to display session data in the console log.. This is bad
- Fixed NPE that caused the ChunkManager config to not load and save.
- Fixed issue where certian errors in the event bus were not logged correctly.
- Fixed issue in MC's logger code that caused resource pack warnings to not display properly.
- Fixed VersionCheckHandler documentation for the correct signature
- Fixed issue with wanter and lava localization